Welcome to my new blog!
I made some raw cacao and cashew nut puree this afternoon, recipe below, and greedily had some after my supper, bad idea, as now it is 01.13 and I am wide awake! However all negatives can be turned into positives and I am excited to be happily writing my first ever blog post in the quiet of the night. Luckily I made a reasonable batch so if I have some for breakfast too it’ll keep me going through the busy day I have ahead of me.
Raw cacao and cashew nut puree with chili and ginger
- 2 handfuls of organic cashew nuts that I had soaked for about 15 hours then discarded the water
- 2 tablespoons of raw organic cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon of organic coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of wild honey
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- the crushed seeds of 3 cardamon pods
- Handful of goji or barberries
- 1/3 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon of hot water
Simply blitz all the ingredients together, I use a hand-held Bamix as it’s less washing up. Put into ramekins, enjoy! Can be kept for up to 5 days or frozen for about 1 month. Gives you a feeling of alertness without the beating heart of a coffee after dinner.
Cacao is also known for it’s antioxidant properties, for being an aphrodisiac, antidepressant, and a heart-opening food, as well as promoting actual cardio-vascular function and health. Perfect for Valentines day.